Are you a mother who is pregnant or has at least one child from birth to kindergarten? Are you looking for other moms in your stage of life to share and develop real friendships with? Would you like your kids to be nurtured while you have a hot breakfast, listen to informative speakers, participate in creative activities, and have some time for yourself? Then MOPS is for you! Our traditional MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group is a place where you can meet other moms to do life with.
MOPS is a great way to make new friends and discover a wealth of ideas and support to deal with the challenges of motherhood. Our program offers a morning of food, fun, creative activities, and guest speakers presenting on relevant topics such as parenting, relationships, marriage, and more! Plus, attending children are cared for at MOPS Kids, our biblically based children’s program! We meet at Lakeside Church every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month through the school year from 9:15-11:00am.
Wednesday Morning Schedule
- 9:10 – 9:25 – Arrival & MOPS Kids check-in
- 9:15 – Food & coffee are served
- 9:30 – Meeting
- 10:50 – Prayer
- 11:00 – End of meeting and MOPS Kids pickup
What to expect
You should park & use the North entrance of the church. Drop off for MOPS Kids is from 9:10 to 9:25 in the church nursery. We start our meetings at 9:30 in Koinonia Hall, just down the hall from the nursery. During our meetings you will have a pager if a need arises with your child. Our meetings conclude at 11 AM to pick up your children in the nursery.
Once children arrive they will have free play for 30 minutes. At 10:00 the little ones will have snack while children ages three and older go to the church gym to participate in a lesson from the Frolic for MOPS Kids curriculum.
They will hear the creation story with theme “We can care for God’s creation”. The lesson time will also include a Bible lesson, movement, craft, singing or saying, prayer, snack and time permitting, free play in the gym.
TIPS TO HELP YOU PREPARE FOR MOPS KIDS:
- Arrive in time to check in your children at the nursery before the meeting begins.
- You can keep infants with you during the meeting.
- You will be given a pager at check-in and the MOPS Kids’ volunteers will let you know if your child needs you.
- If you child has allergies, pack a special snack just for them and remember to label it.
- Pack and label a small bag with your child’s essentials which may include diapers and wipes, a cup or bottle, pacifier, special snack, toy, or blanket.
Please be aware that MOPS Nursery uses a secure child check-in process for your child’s safety and security. We want you to feel comfortable as you take some time just for you. We’ve got your kids in good hands!
Email [email protected] if you have questions. or call Laura at 712-339-1431
- Laura Vellema, MOPS Coordinator
- Rita Vander Kooi, Assistant Coordinator
- Nancy Stude, Treasurer/MOPS Kids Coordinator
- Meghan Willems, Decor/Creative Activities
- Molly Truesdell, Hospitality Team Coordinator
- Sharon Johnson, Mentor Mom