In celebration of 125 years of Lakeside Church, we want to give back to the community. Love Worthington is a three-day service project on August 12th-14th. We are partnering with businesses, organizations, and individuals from all over Worthington to bless our city. Service projects include collecting and assembling Thanksgiving Gift Bags for Helping Hands Pregnancy Center, overnight backpacks/duffle bags for children/teens in foster care served by our County’s Family & Children’s Services, New Beginning Baskets for individuals and families assisted by the Southwest Crisis Center, painting benches with Worthington’s Parks & Rec. Department, and assisting with the “Crusin’ Downtown” event hosted by the Chamber of Commerce. Lakeside Church cannot do this alone. Join us as we Love WGTN together!
Learn More or Get Involved:
- Fill out the volunteer form below the events description below
- View our support letter and donation needs at the bottom of this page
- Contact us at (507) 376-9735 or [email protected]
- Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/827001710832733/
- Financially donate here and select “Love Worthington” under “Give to”
- Shopping for donations can be easy with our Amazon Wish Lists! Click on the links here: Overnight Bags — New Beginnings Bags — Thanksgiving Baskets — HHPC Babies Baskets
- To sign up for sand volleyball, corn-hole, or yoga in the park, fill out a form.
- To volunteer for kid’s activities, fill out this form.
Sunday, August 12th at 3:00pm – We will be having a celebration at Centennial Park that includes kids activities, competitions for corn-hole and sand volleyball (with prizes!), and dinner served at 5.
Monday, August 13th at 5:00pm- Dinner will be served at Lakeside Church before starting our projects. Projects include painting park benches in partnership with Worthington’s Park and Rec. Department and packing donations into gift bags, baskets and backpacks.
Tuesday, August 14th at 4:00pm- We are helping the Chamber of Commerce set up and tear down their “Cruisin’ Downtown” event. We will also provide children’s activities.
Sunday, August 19th at 11:00am- There will be a baptism service at Chautauqua Park in celebration for our 125th anniversary. Come rejoice with those being baptized!
Love WGTN Support Letter